Sunday, April 19, 2009

What does "kawaiixsarang" mean?

Okay, so first thing's first. I'm sorry because I almost always abandon this blog of mine! I guess I'm too preoccupied with school. & If I'm not doing homework/projects/or studying, I'm probably just too lazy to update anyway. xD My apologies! I'll try to update at least once a week! *;]


So anyway... I have this collection of different language books, mostly they're Japanese with few Korean/Mandarin Chinese. It ranges from dictionaries to phrasebooks to grammar-sentence structure booklets to workbooks... etc! (As you can tell, I have a lot! Hahaha!) I have a hobby of learning/studying East Asian languages. (: I guess it all started in Middle School when I took Japanese as an elective and I ended up watching Taiwanese/Korean dramas during the summer. I suddenly became intersted in Asian culture, ethics, langauge, and not to forget... FOOD! >;]


This is where my blog title's answer come in... "kawaiixsarang" is my username for most of the sites I use. Kawaii is the Japanese word for cute. Japanese girls use this word more than half the time; they refer to almost everything as kawaii. :) As for me... I love cute Asian things, like Sanrio or Morning Glory... and those Japanese food drawings/plushies with faces! I really adore those kind of things! Hahaha! :]


Sarang
is the Korean word for love. When outgoing-Koreans pose for a picture, they form a heart with their arms & say "SARANGHAE" which means I love you. It's kinda like saying "Cheese!" haha... but in a cute way! xD I used sarang because my favorites are comedy/romance dramas & movies... and 'LOVE' plays a big part in my life! :D Well... to anyone's life really :P Oh yeahhh... and the x in kawaiixsarang is just there to seperate the two different langauges. Lol, nothing special. =)

When you translate the entire name together it becomes cute love. What more is there to describe my interests?! Hahaha. When it's the right time... I want to find cute love. Something not so ordinary; an adventure that will not bore me. Haha *;] But as for now... I'm gonna keep studying these languages during my spare time! Perhaps one day, my prince charming will come... with chinky eyes and a sushi bento(lunchbox) for me! LOL. Kidding. (:

Japanese: Oyasumi nasai!
Korean: Annyonghi jumuseyo!
Chinese: Wan an!
English: Good night!

2 comments:

Oriana Attias said...

I like it!! I love Japan i want to go there someday that's my dream

Anonymous said...

nice blog n' like ur song is it DBSG?